The Website is brought to you by Dave in the Shed Productions, LLC. It is important to protect your Personal Data and I am committed to giving you a personalized service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how I may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures I take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things I will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data, such as age, race, ethnic origin, etc.
1. Collecting Information
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
1.1. From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, how you will pay for the product or service, and your bank details.
1.2. From you when you contact us with an inquiry or in response to a communication from me, in which case, this may tell me something about how you use my services.
1.3. From documents that are available to the public.
2. Using Your Personal Information
2.1. Personal Data about our customers is an important part of my business. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.We shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfill these purposes:
2.1.1. To help us to identify you when you contact us.
2.1.2. To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have purchased from us.
2.1.3. To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services, and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
2.1.4. To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
2.1.5. To help us prevent and detect fraud or loss.
2.1.6. To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text, or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
2.1.7. We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
2.1.8. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
2.3. We may allow other people and organizations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
2.3.1. If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
2.3.2. If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
2.5. In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
2.5.1. We and other companies in our group, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organizations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved from their home and who have missed payments.
2.5.2. If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organizations. We and other credit and insurance organizations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
3. Protecting Information
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
3.1. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
3.2. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
3.3. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. These security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
3.4. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. The Internet
4.1. If you communicate with us using the Internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
4.2. Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
4.3. We may use 'cookies' to monitor how people use my site. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use this website so we can develop and improve the design, layout, and function of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive through your browser, to recognize your browser and which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
5. Turning Off Cookies in Different Browsers
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
6.1. The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
6.3. We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
7. Further Information
7.4. If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com
7.5. We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell me that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, We will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your Personal Data.
Terms and Conditions
Definitions: The following terms and conditions are hereby set forth by Dave Maffris, Owner and President of Dave in the Shed Productions, LLC, and all reference to Dave Maffris automatically applies to this company.
1.All backing tracks that are provided on this website, daveintheshed.com, are the sole property of Dave Maffris, President of Dave in the Shed Productions, LLC, and cannot be resold or used in any recordings, videos, or resold to others, without the express written permission of Dave in the Shed Productions, LLC.
2. The backing tracks on this site are MP3 files that have been created, recorded, and produced entirely by Dave Maffris, and do not include main melodies of the songs, just accompanying chords and background harmonies. As such, the tracks are the original recordings of Dave Maffris, who retains sole rights to them, unless they are used in the following manner, see below.
3. The backing tracks, once purchased, can be used by a performing artist at live venues, either singing or playing along, "karaoke" style, and the performing artist must not claim the recordings are their original work.
4. If the artist wishes to record their voice or instrument over the backing track, they may not resell their recordings or otherwise obtain monetary compensation for those recordings, unless they obtain express written permission from Dave Maffris. Additional fees for this type of use must be negotiated with the owner and creator of these tracks, i.e., Dave Maffris, and the owner reserves the right to refuse to authorize the recording or resale of the tracks that were purchased here.
5. There are no refunds for purchases made where you are unable to download to a device, as it is the user's responsibility to know how to download MP3's before purchasing. If you purchase a backing track with any type of glitch please send it to me--if it can be remixed or repaired I will send you a replacement, if it cannot be fixed you will receive a full refund.
If you lose your file and would like to reactivate your previous orders so you can download it again, please contact us on the contact form anywhere on this site. It is recommended that you back up your purchases to an external drive.
6. The MP3 files purchased will be available for download once payment has been made and verified by the website payment authorization system. Payment by credit or debit card is accepted, and buyers receive a download link via email as well as on the website. No physical product will be shipped of backing tracks.
7. Purchase of original music by Dave Maffris can be downloaded using the same system, and physical CD's, if available, can be purchased, and will be shipped. We offer free shipping within the U.S. Shipping rates outside the U.S. will be determined by product weight and shipping method chosen by the purchaser. No returns or refunds on physical products will be given unless there is a defect in the product that can be verified upon return by the customer. Returns of defective products will be refunded, however, return shipping is the customer's responsibility.